Flattest off-road route?

Speciaal voor de beginnende mountainbikers.
Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat
Mijn mountainbike: Several, the most used: My darling Ibis Mojo

bartsince1975 schreef:You can check out different trails here: http://www.mtbroutes.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Staphorst is also very very flat

Thanks, I know about this site; my favourite! <3 But nowhere there is a quick way to find the flattest route? I have to click on each individually? Me very impatient ...
tiewrap
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Haibike Sleek

I think we are talking about routes with no height meters instead of no bumps.
European certified guide.
Trips & clinics voor de enduro rijder ==> www.mtb-solutions.nl
Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

tiewrap schreef:I think we are talking about routes with no height meters instead of no bumps.
That's ok. I will count with that factor, and make sure I bring my topo/gps, in case I need to abort. :)
Lars TB
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

Minna schreef:
tiewrap schreef:I think we are talking about routes with no height meters instead of no bumps.
That's ok. I will count with that factor, and make sure I bring my topo/gps, in case I need to abort. :)
:~

That's a yes to...?
Weg met de labrador onderdelen!

"Mountainbikers don't get old. They just go downhill"
Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Lars TB schreef: :~

That's a yes to...?
Confused? Well, tiewrap has a point. There are flat trails, that have smooth surface. And there are flat trails, that have bumpy surface. Eersel for example is the latter (a trail that I love, although downhilling is my priority). I didn't specify in my initial post, so it came down to the interpretation of each person reading it. I am looking for trails with smooth surface .. and I think the little I've ridden Waalre trails, they were reasonably smooth (in fact, so smooth I believe I aborted the ride). But, I posted here for new ideas, so THANK YOU ALL. :) If the trails are bumpy, so be it. If they are, and I get in too much pain too fast, I just have to have a plan B for cutting the trail short (i.e bring topographic maps of the area, a gps, possibly a tent for overnight stay in the forest when I get hopelessly lost ....) :)

Can't wait to be back in the saddle again; me and my bike, all day out together. :)

Many thanks for all the inspiring ideas!
Lars TB
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

Minna schreef:
Lars TB schreef: :~

That's a yes to...?
Confused? Well, tiewrap has a point.
Yes, he has a point, but I couldn't understand if you were refering to the hilly bit or the bumpy bit.

The bumpy bit it is. My answer:

Rhenen!

Smooooooth!

But still challenging and going up and down quite a bit!

Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Lars TB schreef: Yes, he has a point, but I couldn't understand if you were refering to the hilly bit or the bumpy bit.

The bumpy bit it is. My answer:

Rhenen!

Smooooooth!

But still challenging and going up and down quite a bit!
Crap, I am not explaining very well, am I! :lol: For the moment, I also need to avoid climbing, so low number of height meters is PERFECT.

But Rhenen is now officially added to my to-visit list. Sounds like a great deal of fun! Any chance of getting airborne if you are fast enough?
floris500
Pro Biker
Pro Biker
Mijn mountainbike: Cotic BFe275 | Dartmoor Blackbird | Kona Rove AL

Waar (ongeveer) woon je? Dan is het makkelijker om je routes te geven die enigszins in de buurt liggen.

edit: Ik zie net in je profiel Brussel staan :lol:
Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

floris500 schreef:Waar (ongeveer) woon je? Dan is het makkelijker om je routes te geven die enigszins in de buurt liggen.

edit: Ik zie net in je profiel Brussel staan :lol:
I *am* in Brussels area. :D
I am open to any location. Love driving. :P If it's further away, I plan for overnight stays in the area.
suravida
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Staal!
Contacteer:

I think Vlaardingen would be perfect, nice winding singletrack with almost no climbing ( the biggest climb id 3m...)
Don't be a dick!

Custom steel: http://project12.cc
surfer
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

I think the track in Oude Tonge is the flattest I’ve ever ridden. I don’t recall even a singe bump.
Lars TB
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

Tsjibiti zou hier toch onze kenner moeten zijn... :bier:

Tijgerhaai
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Scott Scale, Spark & Genius
Contacteer:

Een veel vlakkere route dan het Dijkgatbos bij ons in de polder ga je inderdaad niet snel vinden. Maar om nu vanuit Brussel daarvoor deze kant op te komen is ook weer wat overdreven. Het lusje is maar 7Km. Je kan uiteraard ook de fietspaden in het Robbenoordbos (er mag niet buiten de MTB route en fietspaden gereden worden) mee pakken en een lusje door de polder maken. Maar dan nog vind ik het niet de moeite om daarvoor 3 uur in een auto te gaan zitten. (en dan moet je nog terug) Er moet in België toch ook wel wat makkelijks te vinden te zijn om weer rustig op te bouwen.
◼︎ Go round the outside.
Dice Oldskool
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Mondraker Level R

Personally in think that if you are still to injured that you have to avoid a decent mtb trail you would be better off cycling on a national cycling route.

https://www.nederlandfietsland.nl/lf-routes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Dice Oldskool schreef:Personally in think that if you are still to injured that you have to avoid a decent mtb trail you would be better off cycling on a national cycling route.

https://www.nederlandfietsland.nl/lf-routes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Absolutely agree. My heart refuses to, though. If I cannot find flat, smooth, non-hilly OFF-ROAD trails anywhere ... I will stay on my indoor bike. Or do the tarmac and gravel roads I have here around the corner. Nah ... I would still go for the indoor bike. I vomit on tarmac. I fall off my bike when doing tarmac. :P
Plaats reactie