Handleiding veerweg verlengen Rockshox Judy Silver Boost en andere vorken

Hoe moet je je derailleur afstellen, remmen vervangen...
Plaats reactie
alwinvrm
All rounder
All rounder

Het was voor mij de eerste keer en lastig om alle info en juiste werkvolgorde uit te vinden. Dus hierbij voor iedereen een manual. Sorry voor het Engels. Als er fouten/weglatingen in zitten, laat het weten dan verander ik het. Voor veel vorken gaat het ongeveer hetzelfde dus check de manual wat met jouw vork kan.
------------------------------------------------

How to increase fork travel on a 2018-2020 Rockshox Judy Silver TK 29/27.5 boost. ( This may also apply to models of the 30 Silver, Recon RL, etc.)

A. Download the manual

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sit ... ev_a_0.pdf

and check on page 43-44 (for the Judy Silver) whether your fork's travel is changeable and to what extent. Check the exploded view of your fork as well, so you have an idea of its components and architecture.

B. Order of basic steps (detailed manual under F. below) and stuff you will need
  • Clean the outside of the fork well; otherwise nasty little particles will enter your fork and damage its internals.
    Remove the lower legs
    Remove the air tube
    Disassamble the air tube and remove or add spacer
    Lubricate and add oil on top of air tube and install air tube
    Install and lubricate lower legs and add oil in both legs
I simply bought the correct oils from Rockshox. They were less than 5 euros each. I used Slick Kick fork grease (I like the tube), but the recommended Sram/Rockshox products are sure as good.
Correct torque values of bolts, etc. are in a table on page 8 of the manual.

Minimum tools and supplies for fork extension of Judy (for servicing you will need more)
  • 24 mm socket for the air tube cap (+ torque wrench)
    Set of hex keys
    Rubber mallet
    Fork pump
    Syringe 5ml or 10ml (pharmacy) + 10 cm plastic tube (from fish tank store)
    Rockshox 5wt suspension oil
    Rockshox 15wt suspension oil
    Fork grease
    Garage supply towels lint free
C. Watch this video to learn about lower leg removal, servicing, and installation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ji4sG ... e=youtu.be

E. Do some relaxation exercises and make sure not to be disturbed.

F. Detailed overview

1) Perform lower leg removal as described in pages 22-23 of the manual.
Note 1: In step 5 you have to hit the hex bolts to separate them from te damper shaft and the air tube shaft. If you clamp the fork from the steerer tube in a repair stand, it is hard to separate the parts because you are basically hitting away on one solid piece of metal. For me it worked better to hold (or clamp) the lower leg I was working on.
Note 2: You have to decide whether you want to perform further lower leg servicing as decribed in the following pages of the manual, depending on the recommended service intervals and your own sound judgement.

2) Remove the air tube top cap as described on page 40 step 1 of the manual.

3) Remove the retainer on the bottom of the air tube assembly as described on page 69 step 6.

4) Continue with the steps on page 40-41 of the manual. In step 5 you will add/remove the spacer, marked A in the manual. After step 5 you could basically start reassembling the air tube. Of course you can perform more service if you like.

5) Install, lubricate, and oil the air tube as described on pages 45-47 of the manual.

6) Install the retainer mentioned in step 3 above. I used handlebars to push the retainer back. They are the perfect size.

7) Lubricate where suggested, install the lower legs, fill both sides with oil, and reconnect the lower legs with the top part as described in the video mentioned under C. The quantities and type of oil are mentioned on pages 9-11.

8) Enjoy the ride!
BC Original Podsol
Sonder Signal st
Decathlon XC50
Canondale F600
all bikes active, more so than their grey haired owner
Plaats reactie